RE: cygwin-setup & rebaseall

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Dave Korn wrote:

> Satish Balay wrote:
>
> > Doesn't setup have similar problem with updating 'packages' for
> > running apps? I think it prompts for a reboot to complete. So I'm
> > guessing the same approach can be used when it needs a rebase.
>
>   It's not as straightforward as all that.  The facility to update a file on
> reboot is built into the windows OS, setup.exe just makes use of it.  There
> is no facility to rebase a file on reboot built into windows!

Not ideal - but it could do either fo the following: [and both of
these I think are better options then current mode - which silently
leaves packages in potentially broken state]

- open a dialog box with a message:
 "some packages that require 'rebaseall' are updated. This operation
 cannot be done at this time due to active cygwin processes. Please
 reboot, shutdown cygwin services, and run 'rebaseall' from 'ash'."

- open a dialog box with a message: "some packages that require
  'rebaseall' are updated - hence setup is incomplete. Please reboot,
  shutdown cygwin services and rerun setup - so that it can continue
  and fix this."

Satish