RE: Console Setup

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Rudi wrote:
>> Hy,
>> will there sometimes be a Setup-program available that works on the
>> console? I would like to update or add new packages through ssh
>> instead of Windows GUI to speedup these processes
>
> There are command line options.  Below is an old pointer.  I'm sure
> you can find more up-to-date ones in the email archives.
>
> <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-11/msg01490.html>
>
> This is still a Windows "GUI" program though, not a console app.  You
> may find that this suffices for your needs however.  If not, feel
> free to jump in and help move setup more quickly in this direction.
> :-)

Here's the current help (slightly reformatted to avoid word wrap).

Command Line Options:
 -D --download                 Download from internet
 -L --local-install            Install from local directory
 -s --site                     Download site
 -R --root                     Root installation directory
 -q --quiet-mode               Unattended setup mode
 -h --help                     print help
 -l --local-package-dir        Local package directory
 -r --no-replaceonreboot       Disable replacing in-use files on next
                               reboot.
 -n --no-shortcuts             Disable creation of desktop and start
                               menu shortcuts
 -N --no-startmenu             Disable creation of start menu shortcut
 -d --no-desktop               Disable creation of desktop shortcut
 -A --disable-buggy-antivirus  Disable known or suspected buggy anti
                               virus software packages during
                               execution.