nfs problems

I have a w2k box running cygwin and in particular the nfs-server. Then I have serge debian box with the standard stuff.

It seems that nfs-server is not able to actually make available stuff outside the cygwin root. Is this a hard fact or is there space for a misconfiguration?

in the w2k box I have installed cygwin under c:\Optional\cygwin and I have used --change-cygdrive-prefix for changing the prefix to '/'.

c: and d: are local hard drives in the w2k machine.

My output is shown below. Trying to mount /c gives a catastrophic error output, trying to mount /d seems to be less serious but a failure anyhow. Mounting / works great.

cygwin is great stuff and nfs-server is valuable. I would like to know whether I'm doing something wrong or whether I'm just hitting the limits.

thanks,
 Rodrigo

# mount -t nfs remote:/c /mnt/remote
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
remote:/c,
       missing codepage or other error
       In some cases useful info is found in syslog -
try

dmesg | tail or so

# dmesg -c
nfs_get_root: getattr error = 116
nfs_read_super: get root inode failed
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
nfs_get_root: getattr error = 116
nfs_read_super: get root inode failed

# mount -t nfs remote:/d /mnt/remote mount: remote:/d failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory # dmesg -c # mount -t nfs remote:/ /mnt/remote # ls /mnt/remote / bin cygwin.bat cygwin.ico etc home lib tmp usr var