Re: Xemacs broken after postgresql upgrade

Dr. Volker Zell schrieb:
Xemacs will be broken after upgrading postgresql to the new stable or
test version. This is because Xemacs depends on pq.dll which somehow got
renamed to cygpq.dll in newer versions of postgresql.

I will rebuild Xemacs ASAP but can only upload in a week or so.
In the meantime rename pq.dll to something else before upgrading
postgresql and rename again to pq.dll afterwards.

I'd rather say, copy the new /bin/cygpq.dll after the postgresql upgrade to /bin/pg.dll is enough.
As long as some old packages don't link to the new cygpq.dll
--
Reini Urban - postgresql maintainer