WARNING!!!! cygwin1-2005114 completely corrupted a XP laptop

Hi,
I have just installed the last cygwin1-20051114.dll on a laptop running
W-XP.
Then the following catastrophe happened:
1- I opened a BASH-RXVT window and seemed OK.
2- I opened a BASH-CMD  window and looked OK.
3- I opened a cygwin program of mine that uses a CMD window,
 instead of appearing the expected window, hundreds of copies of the 2
previously opened windows appeared. There was no way of stopping the
process.
At the end a screen appeared that alerted that WINDOWS was stopped because
critical system data was corrupted. After that there was no way of booting
again the machine, even with the recovery disc. It seems that I will have to
reformat the HDD.

I urge you to immediately remove the cygwin1-2005114 snapshot.

bye,
R.M.

Note: In a W-98 box cygwin1-20051114.dll looked OK.