Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: apr(-util) 0.9.7-1

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 04:02:45PM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:51:10PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >I was just trying to find some doc on APR, as I didn't even know what it was.
>>
>> Please don't bother the mailing list with your lack of knowledge about
>> things like this.
>
>To clarify:
>
>zzapper has often responded to announcements that don't describe the
>package with a short description s/he has found by searching.

often == very sporadically.

>Are you asking that s/he no longer do this?  Or not do it when the only
>description s/he finds is from the setup hint?  Or other?

Do you think it makes any sense to send ambiguous observations to the
mailing list which confuse the package maintainer (and me for that
matter)?  Is it really important that we know that "I didn't even know
what it was"?

If zzapper can't respond to an announcement in such a way that the intent
is clear, then I would prefer that no responses should be sent at all.

cgf