Re: XInternAtom XRectInRegion ... not found ... where to get these XLIB components

Robert Body wrote:

> Hi, I am getting errors about   xlib  components missing. Running find gives
> me this:

This is the wrong mailing list.  X11 related topics go to cygwin-xfree
(at) cygwin.com.

> /home/Owner/games/simp> make
> gcc -Wall   -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib  -lX11 -lXpm -lXext
> xsimpsons.o toon.o -o xsimpsons
> toon.o:toon.c:(.text+0x47): undefined reference to `_XInternAtom'

The import libraries for these X11 functions are in the x11-devel
package which you presumably have installed, but since you didn't
include cygcheck output as requested at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> we can only speculate.  However you
would have gotten errors about not being able to find -lX11 if this were
not the case, so you most likely have everything you need already.

The problem is not that you're missing any libraries, it's that your
link command line order is wrong.  You cannot specify -lfoo before a
dependent object which uses functions from libfoo.

Brian