Re: Hard links on a UDF file system

This is just a post back from my earlier question.
I discovered that my "direct to disc" utility creates a UDF file system on my DVD burner. I never realised these utilities used something of a standard... Anyway that allowed me to experiment with UDF on my XP machine.

XP has the fsutil functions (that were not available under Win2K with the REV drive was)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/fsutil.mspx

So after formatting the disc with UDF I gave it a try and discovered that it truly is windows that imposes the restriction
[/cygdrive/e]$ fsutil hardlink create link file
The FSUTIL utility requires a local NTFS volume.