Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot (problem with getline?)

On Dec  5 11:06, Nenad Antic wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote, on 11/30/2005 6:11 PM:
>
> >1.5.19 has also some new functionality over 1.5.18.  If you have sources
> >which take advantage of that stuff if present, we're also interested in
> >getting feeedback about those:

> > - getline, getdelim.

> I mentioned this when struggling with my mod_perl issues a few weeks
> back.  Building apache worked without any hassles before (whenever I
> tried) and also as late as 1.5.18. However now (tried snapshot 20051201
> last) this happens:
> gcc -c  -I../os/cygwin -I../include   -DCYGWIN -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP
> -DUSE_HSREGEX  -DSHARED_CORE `../apaci` htpasswd.c
> htpasswd.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
> /usr/include/sys/stdio.h:31: error: previous declaration of 'getline'
> was here

That's a problem with the package.  Two possible causes:

- Either the mod_perl packages has no configure check for getline and
  just tries to use its own version in htpasswd.c on some platforms,
  in this case such a test should be added,

- or you tried to rebuild the package without configuring again.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.