Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot (problem with getline?)

Corinna Vinschen wrote, on 12/5/2005 11:21 AM:

On Dec 5 11:19, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Dec 5 11:06, Nenad Antic wrote:

gcc -c -I../os/cygwin -I../include -DCYGWIN -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -DUSE_HSREGEX -DSHARED_CORE `../apaci` htpasswd.c
htpasswd.c:101: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
/usr/include/sys/stdio.h:31: error: previous declaration of 'getline' was here

That's a problem with the package. Two possible causes:

- Either the mod_perl packages has no configure check for getline and
 just tries to use its own version in htpasswd.c on some platforms,
 in this case such a test should be added,

- or you tried to rebuild the package without configuring again.

I forgot this: Note that getline is new in 1.5.19. The definition of the function is compatible with the glibc definition,

ssize_t getline (char **, size_t *, FILE *);

Corinna

Actually, I didn't mean that this happens only when building vith mod_perl (event though that's how if ran into it). It happens when configuring apache (1.33 and 1.34, at least), even with the fixes that exist in the cygwin packages. AFAIK apache builds fine on linux (did it on a debian installation roughly a year ago, don't have access to any linux box at the moment so I can't test it side to side) and linux distros normally have glibc included, don't they(?).

/nenad