Re: Error reported dd'ing close of end of block device with skip

On Dec  7 16:47, Loh, Joe wrote:
> Thank you ... This will work. Any plans on supporting O_DIRECT flag in
> open()?  We believe this effectively gives unbuffered I/O.  Please
> correct if we are making the wrong assumption.

Hey, cool idea!  There's no definition of O_DIRECT in Cygwin so far, but
this sounds like a worthwhile extension, at least for disk and tape
devices, but maybe also for files.  This won't be in the next Cygwin
version 1.5.19, probably, but I'll certainly implement that for 1.5.20.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.