sftp progress showing ... 66% complete

Hi, I like seeing the percentage complete feedback while running sftp, but I can only get it if i type

sftp who@where.com < commandsFile

if I put this line into a script...... no feeback of progress (like 66% complete)

if I run     sftp -b commandsFile who@where.com
again, no feedback of progress.

How can I get the feedback when I run sftp who@where.com < commandsFile inside of a script?

Anyone knows? My transfers are sometimes 5megs, sometimes 50megs, sometimes 90megs, it would be nice to see how much is left to upload.

-Robert