Perl/TK Segmentation Violation

I've not been able to run the newly released Perl/TK, I always get a
stack dump as soon as I attempt to do anything with the main window.
The sample program I've been using is at the end of this email.

I've used the perl debugger on several programs, in this program is is
the $mw->Button call that exits.  If I comment this call out I do get a
blank window, so I know the basic mechanizm is working.

The last line of the stack dump is:

0022FF88  6100594F  (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)

Using google I found several references to Function 6100594F  and
segmentation violations, all of which refer to a platform specific issue
with the APR library and a recompile of APR for the specific platform
resolving the issue.

I've tried the latest Cygwin version with the newly released Perl/TK on
a Sempron CPU, Pentium III and a hyper-threaded Pentium IV, all with the
same results.

Since it is working for some of you, I'd be interested in which CPUs
work.  If this isn't an APR issue, perhaps there is a missing library
dependency?  I do tend to perform a minimal Cygwin install, usually just
the basic default plus VIM, a minimal X and OpenSSH.

Any help, advise or insights appreciated.

My example program:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Tk;

my $mw = MainWindow->new;

$mw->Button(
	-text => "Exit",
	-background => "red",
	-command => sub { exit; },
	)->pack( -side => 'bottom' , -fill => 'both' );

MainLoop;