Re: STDOUT of non cygwin command lost (in automated ssh session)

cygwin@trodman.com wrote:

You seem to be expecting that the people whom you'd like to debug your problem would know what "plink" is.

Sorry, it's closely related to putty. I don't have a good link specifically for plink..

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html

It says "PuTTY is a client program for the SSH, Telnet and Rlogin network protocols". I don't get it. In Cygwin you have all of ssh, telnet and rlogin/rsh. That being the case why install/use putty or plink?

BTW, you're probably is probably the same if you used ssh in Cygwin - once you remote login Unix based tools such as ssh (and probably putty and plink) use ptys which Windows console programs don't understand, and often stdout is lost. If you want that one fixed you'll have to talk to Mr. Gates.
--
My friend has a baby. I'm writing down all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant.