Re: "type ahead" bug report - so far not addressed

Robert Body wrote:
here is the bug report again, i tried emailing Corinna, but that didn't work

As I should have pointed out in my last email message on this subject, you should always send you bug reports to the list. Most, if not all, maintainers ask that you do this. This keeps the discussion public and for the benefit of all. I know that Corinna subscribes to this philosophy as well, which is the reason your attempt at personal email failed.

There is no reason to send multiple bug reports to the list.  All list email
is archived so nothing sent here is lost.  Multiple copies of the same report
does not garner the poster added sympathy or attention.  Sometimes reporting a
bug multiple times actually works to the posters detriment since it implies
some amount of impatience and lack of understanding of how free software
works.  I'm not saying that this describes your case.  I'm just pointing out
the possible trap that you could find yourself in with this kind of approach
to problem reports.  If you're interested in finding out more about the
netiquette of this list, you can visit <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
It has some good info about this.

Holliston, MA 01746