Re: Please try a snapshot - final push for 1.5.19

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Okay, I was wrong.  I did reproduce the problem with essentially the
> same strace under the 12/20 snapshot (sorry, still not the latest, but
> I'm building a debug version of cygwin1.dll from cvs HEAD now).  More
> details when I have them.
> 	Igor

I can't reproduce the original problem at all with cvs HEAD, which is
likely due to CGF's recent changes to pinfo.cc (for which he has my
heartfelt thanks!).

Here's another problem I'm having (both cvs HEAD self-built DLL and the
12/20 snapshot): '/bin/kill -9 -PGID' sometimes leaves stale unkillable
processes around.  Attempting to kill the processes with anything other
than '/bin/kill -f' results in the following message:

kill: 6364: Resource temporarily unavailable

If left alone, after a while the processes print to the console:

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (6364): *** WFSO timed out after longjmp

At other times, the processes are not in the Cygwin process table anymore,
but do show up in 'ps -W' output as

     9844       0       0       9844    ?    0 11:59:58 *** unknown ***

The attached script reproduces this problem for me in one of about 3-4
tries, on a single-processor WinXP Pro SP1.  It is distilled from a much
larger script I have at work.

FWICS, this is *not* a regression from 1.5.18 or the previous snapshots,
but I hope I can help get this fixed.  I can post the cygcheck output and
straces for the attached script if they are likely to be useful...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu