Re: Unable to access forced mounts from /bin/sh

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:

> I've uploaded a test version of bash, 3.0-12, that changes the behavior of
> cd to use realpath() for -P, and to only check existance of the entire
> path (rather than all intermediates) for -L, so that you should be able to
> cd /a/b even in POSIX mode when /a doesn't exist but /a/b is a drive
> mount.  This new version also implements the postinstall improvements -
> using a shell script to set up a batch file without regards to whether
> /bin/sh runs it, then using the bat file to force bash to run the real
> postinstall script.  The postinstall script is now also run as part of
> /etc/profile.d, so that even if setup.exe couldn't update /bin/sh, a
> normal bash login might do so, hopefully reducing some of the complaints
> on this list about /bin/sh disappearing.  Furthermore, the postinstall
> checks timestamps first, and won't upgrade /bin/sh if it is newer than bash.
>
> Because realpath() is buggy until 20050826 snapshot or later, and because
> the postinstall script changed (and 01bash.bat is the first .bat in
> /etc/postinstall), I marked 3.0-12 as test, and am not sending a release
> announcement until cygwin 1.5.19 is finalized.

I'm not sure what happened, but I installed from mirrors yesterday and today,
and received 1.5.18, and 3.0-13.  I posted to the list seperately about that
problem. However this does not appear to be marked test at this point, as it is
the bash available on the mirrors I've checked.

-Scott