RE: Hope this topic isn't taboo yet

Mr. Faylor:

Ordinarily I would not make the following reply on-list, but you seem
insistent that I must, so here goes.

I read problem.html and then the archives, every reference I could find
to hyperthreading. I saw your mild then increasingly crabby responses to
people who seemed (at least) to be saying, Why haven't you fixed this
yet?  I sympathize with your position on the matter, as far as that
goes.

That's why I am not posting a specific problem report in this case
because I am not, in fact, 100% sure I have the problem.  And I am
certainly not asking you to fix it or any other problem that I might or
might not have.

None of the descriptions of the failures that have been attributed to
hyperthreading seem to match what we are experiencing.  I had hoped to
start a somewhat more general discussion of the problem and learn from
others familiar with both cygwin AND hyperthreading what their thoughts
were.  Clearly, your hyperthreading hymen remains intact.  The
constructiveness of your reply, therefore, is just about what one would
expect.

So. Should anyone have a CONSTRUCTIVE response to my query, THAT would
be lovely.

--David