Cross compiling cygwin...

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv@voxware.com
Tue Jun 7 20:34:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:31:34PM -0700, Linda W wrote:
>

>>A working cross compiler?  Perhaps that is part of the
>>non-straightforward problem.  Have to build non-standard compiler and
>>whatever other tools are that need to be created especially for such an
>>environment.  This is what I was referring to when I said that I always
>>seemed to be missing one tool or another that are "obvious" to people
>>who already have them setup.  I guess I somehow thought that since both
>>were x86 based, there might be some switch tools to produce different
>>obj/executable formats.  A bit naive I suppose...
>>
>>It'd be nice if this process was also in the FAQ...
>>

>There are all sorts of sites out there which deal with creating cross
>compilers.  There is no reason to add this to the FAQ.
>

>Just typing "how do I build a cross compiler" into google should be more
>than adequate.

I believe that this is a great example where it would be quite
appropriate for you to provide a more useful response than "go google
yourself".

The details of exactly how a cross compiler should be configured for
Cygwin are quite important, yet they remain a mystery to far too many
people.

Why not take just a few minutes and jot this information down
somewhere?  Is it really so much to ask??

Regards,
craig