suddenly lost tab-completion on root dir

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf@msu.edu
Sat Nov 12 16:45:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm having a strange behavior in my cygwin bash shell. I've tried to
search the web for answers without any luck.

The thing is that after some changes (don't recall what I was doing,
probably updating a package) I lost my tab-completion on the root dir
(/). If I hit tab on anything in this dir it doesn't complete or give a
list of options in ambigous cases. The strange thing is that it does do
it in the all other directories.

For example, it won't tab-complete:
   /  -> listing of possibilities
   /u -> /usr
but it will tab-complete:
   /usr/    -> listing of possibilities
   /usr/lo  -> /usr/local

Has anyone experienced something similar? or something comes to mind as
the possible cause of the problem? I have updated the packages that I
have installed; and I can't afford a complete reinstall at the moment.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Miguel