Re: services not starting with 20060104 snapshot

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:28:23AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:

I'm wondering why the former version worked with SP2...

> >> You're asking if !iscygexec is the right way to detect a
> >> "noncygwin_process".
> >> Yes.
> >
> >No, I was actually asking whether iscygexec() was the right way to
> >detect a "noncygwin_process", since that's exactly the test used in
> >spawn_guts. You just confirmed that it isn't (and that its inverse,
> >!iscygexec(), is).
>
> In the future I'll try to limit my stupid remarks to one mailing list.

What, and make us miss all the fun? :-D

> Your interpretation of the problem was correct (although there still may
> be a lurking problem with non-cygwin processes) and my remarks about it
> should be disregarded because I was confused.
>
> (I've got a nice headache going on which explains the confusion but I
> should be experienced enough by now to know not to trust my judgement
> when I have to squint at the screen.)

Actually, it was the associated ChangeLog entry that confirmed it for me.
Looks like you originally intended to make it "cygwin_process"...

> Please give yourself a gold star for tracking this down, Igor.

Thanks, don't mind if I do... :-)

> Maybe now I can sleep tonight.

Ditto.
	Igor
P.S. The changes with "CygwinInvisible" WindowStation were an attempt to
fix this problem, weren't they?  Are they still needed?
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"