Re: sshd must be restarted

David Christensen wrote:

>Ken Senior wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know why after a Windows XP reboot one must restart the SSH
>>daemon in order to allow incoming ssh?
>>

>rebaseall was the cure for me:
>
>    http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00465.html

Installing and running rebase did indeed fix the problem.  Thanks!

>>One interesting oddity about my installation is that I have two
>>usernames which are identical, one for our Windows domain and one for
>>the administrator account on my PC.
>>

>I'm not running domain networking, but that sounds dangerous.  Why not use the
>local Administrator account for local administrative stuff and the domain
>account for user stuff?

You're probably right.  I have always changed the local administrative
account on Windows machines to "senior" to avoid having to log in and
out to install software.  I'm just being lazy.  I have always adhered to
your advice on Linux machines though.  Thanks again.