Re: cygwin Digest 6 Jan 2006 16:37:18 -0000 Issue 4727

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:

> > Please, please, PLEASE, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR.
> > Or do it manually.  But don't repeat what you just did here.  Blindly
> > replying to a digest message, with LOADS of email addresses listed in
> > raw form, is unacceptable on this list.
> >
> Thanks for informing me about this.
> Well im using a Web based client, have to do all the trimming manually.

Or you could lobby with GMail to add a feature to change the default reply
leader (or even customize it).  I'm sure that if enough users request
this, Google will comply.

> Ur Patch is in the cygwin cvs and xine also changed their codebase to
> check for the availability of missing funcs.

Good.

> I did found out some reasons about why the functions were not there in
> cygwin by myself.

Even better.

> But could not report my findings on time :( as im subscribed in digest mode.
> like ur fix for the getsubopt function

FYI, you can check the very up-to-date archives of this list at
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/> if you wish to see the outcome of a
particular thread.  The archives also have enough information to reply to
a particular message without having to wait for the digest (by using the
<cygwin-get.ID<at>cygwin<dot>com> mechanism -- send mail to
<cygwin-help<at>cygwin<dot>com> for more interesting tidbits).

> > > mo.....re than 6months :((
> > > I am sure that i will be flamed for this.
> > > Something happened to CGF, he was not like this b4 i mean 1 year
> > > back ;) :P

Very true -- he was meaner.  :-)

> i was http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#J/K

Ditto.