Re: Are there documents on how cygwin1.dll is designed and implemented ?

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 06:27:24AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Richard Meng wrote:
>>I'm interested in the Cygwin1.dll's design and implementations, are
>>there some documents about it ?
>
>There are a number of text files, winsup/cygwin/how*.txt.  There's also
><http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/usenix-nt98/noer.html>,
>and of course the source code itself and mailing list archives.

The Usenix paper is very dated, though.  Many of the things that it talks about
are no longer true, e.g., Cygwin doesn't invent its own pids anymore and the
discussion of signals is no longer applicable.  That's why that paper was deleted
from the cygwin site a while ago.

cgf