Re: cd to directory in paste buffer : shell function

> I often want to cd to a (DOS) path that I've copied from some
> Windows App.
>
> The following function (put in one of your startup files .bashrc
> .profile etc)  saves a few clicks and is forward or backslash proof

[snip]

Without deminishing the value of this procedure, I simply wanted to say
there is another alternative.

Assuming that the cygwin chere package is installed, open Explorer and
paste the path into the address bar and click on go.  Once the directory
appears under folders, right click on it and select 'Bash Here'.

This doesn't address all the possibilities of the original method, it is
however quick to utilize with minimal setup.

Brett