Re: Wich privileges required by ssh-host-config running user?

Dave Korn wrote:
Chris Taylor wrote:

You want to try with the domain administrator account, not the local
administrator.
If you're logging on as administrator, and log on to is set to the
domain, then you are already doing so and something most unusual is
occuring - suggestive of an admin removing administrator access to the
root filesystem, or to certain parts of it.

Bingo. That's it. In particular, joining a domain locks down the perms of your C:\ root drive. If, for instance, a folder under that relies on the default perms being inherited, it's going to be in trouble.

Indeed it would be.

I think this is a problem any time you install cygwin as a local admin, then join a domain, then try and use it as a domain user, although I may not have the precise order of events right there. But I'm certain the key to this problem is in the perm changes that get applied when you join a domain.

That could potentially cause problems, but I can't say for sure.. No machines with which to test.

Simplest workaround would be to always join the machine to the domain first and install cygwin second.

And to install as the domain administrator, not the local admin, otherwise you run into this problem, as the OP has done.

   cheers,
      DaveK

Chris --

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world
into a slumber. Wake up! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and
keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you will
never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink. So face
forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has
arrived... Are you ready to go?