boost library suggestion (regarding boost::filesystem)

I'd like to suggest that the boost library is built as the gcc-nocygwin toolset (which, if I have read the docs correctly, is just an extension of the gcc toolset) or make available as a seperate package. The reason behind this is that part of the library, boost::filesystem, do not work as intended. The library, under the current cygwin build, thinks that the native path format is *nix style (/usr/blahblah), but correctly it should be windows format (c:\blahblah).

I've tried modifying the build script to build gcc-nocygwin using the sources provided by setup.exe, but the build errors out when compiling part of boost::filesystem (murphy's law must be at work here, determined to NOT let me use the one part of boost that I want to use). However, if I remove the -mno-cygwin flag from the g++ command, it compiles fine. This means thats (as far as I can see) that it compiles fine on gnu g++, but not on mingw g++.

I'm about to go and attempt to update mingw install in cygwin manually to see if that will help. Here's hoping I'll defeat murphy's law at last. I've spent about a day trying to get this library to work :/