Re: Running php scripts under cygwin

Thanks for the tips. Luckily I came back to the list after trying to build PHP with some options with no luck. I only need a static build and that installed fine. Then I had a warning about using date() and set the default timezone prior to the call in the script to get by that. Now it says mail() is an unknown function. What is this missing?

Here is how I compile php 5.x under cygwin.

I have these cygwin modules (may be you do not need all, just I do not know which you need) -

bison, bzip2, cvs, flex, gcc, gd, grep, keychain, libtool1.5, libxml, libxml2, libxml2-devel, make, openssh, perl, readline, rsync, subversion, unzip, vim, whois, zip

Get Apache 1.3.34 sources and php 5.1.1 sources.

Go into Apache sources directory and do

./configure

Go into php sources directory and do

./configure --with-apache=PATH_TO_APACHE_SOURCES --without-pear

(--without-pear is needed - otherwise does not work)

make
make install

make install will suggest that you add /usr/local/lib/php to your php.ini include_path.

Copy the php.ini into /usr/local/lib/php.ini and edit if needed.

./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php5/libphp5.a

make
make install

You might need to do

mv /usr/local/apache/libexec/libhttpd.dll /usr/local/apache/bin

With this you will have php cli, I believe, so you can execute scripts with cron.

Iv