Re: Serial port hangs unless I run Hyperterminal?

Thanks all for your replies - I looked into errno - will be useful for future
issues.

Thanks to Eric, found my problem was although Cygwin happy with using port
labelled COM1 (and presumably picking up Windows settings thereof - hence
their changing after Hyperterminal), it couldn't do the tcgetattr and
tcsetattr for that port successfully. Using the correct POSIX labelled port
of "/dev/ttyS0" allowed get and set to work perfectly in C!

Thanks all!

Andy Burgess

--