Re: bootstrap error

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli@inbox.ru>
> >
> > On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > Perhaps try downgrading to the previous version of Cygwin--there might
> > > be some bug in the latest version.

I made the following experiment: I installed cygwin 1.5.18-1 and now
 ./temacs.exe --batch --load loadup bootstrap
creates emacs.exe

BTW, I have not rebuild temacs because most of build tools are
not compatible with the old cygwin dll, e.g., rm produces an error

 The procedure entry point getline could not be located in the [DLL]
 cygwin1.dll

I reverted back to 19-4 and now temacs again fails with apparent
recursion (malloc() from cygwin1.dll calls malloc from temacs).

> > I have no doubt about it -- I currently use emacs which was built from
> > cvs on 2006-01-16 (before I upgraded cygwin) and the problems with
> > build starts to appear only *after* the last cygwin update.
>
> Then it's probably a good idea to post the information you found on
> the Cygwin mailing list.  Perhaps they will be able to suggest
> solutions or otherwise shed some light on this problem.

The problem is that I have no idea what to tell them: temacs fails
with DLL 1.5.19-4 but dumps emacs with DLL 1.5.18-1 is not a
reasonable bug report.

Let me put the question differently: what was changed between 18-1 and
19-4 in the DLL (note that .h files are irrelevant since I used temacs
built with 19-4).

Cygwin gurus, the start of the thread is here
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-01/msg00931.html>

--
Regards,
ASK