Re: gcc problem - cygwin-1.5.19-4

Hi,

COLLETTE wrote:

> Hello,

> I've a problem with gcc: sometimes gcc can't find some include files.

> TestSpeedMetric.cpp:46:26: ParetoSoft.hpp: No such file or directory
> TestSpeedMetric.cpp: In function `int main()':
> TestSpeedMetric.cpp:155: error: `ParetoSoft' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> TestSpeedMetric.cpp:155: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once for each function it appears in.)
> TestSpeedMetric.cpp:155: error: expected primary-expression before "int"
> TestSpeedMetric.cpp:155: error: expected `;' before "int"
> make[1]: *** [TestSpeedMetric] Error 1

> If I do a new "make", everything works fine. This is not a Makefile
> problem, but more a gcc problem. Gcc version is 3.4.4 (cygwin special).

I don't think so.  Maybe the header is a generated file or it is copied
and you use make -j3, so it may be that make tries to invoke gcc to
compile the file before another make process has finished its work and
the file is actually not there where it is expected?

What flags do you use to invoke make?  What is the according rule in the
Makefile?  How is the actual command line?  More details needed to
narrow this down.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html