Re: Perl under cygwin in CPAN problem

Linda wrote:    > Was trying to load some new packages in CPAN under perl  > in cygwin.  I noticed a problem when it asked for prereqs:    > It wouldn't accept "CR" to terminate the input -- only "LF".    I don't think I get this right.  How do I distinguish between LF and CR?  Just hitting <ENTER> at the keyboard should do it?      > I tried reloading CPAN -- that pulled up the reconfigure  > dialog for some new parameters -- then I find the same  > problem in the config dialog where CPAN wants all of it's  > parameters (to create a new "~/.cpan/CPAN/Myconfig.pm").  > I try typing the first param and hitting "LF" and the the  > configure dialogue whips by takin the defaults for all of  > the configure questions.    > At this point, I don't know if it is "cygwin", cygwin-perl  > or something else.  I don't get the same behavior on my  > linux box but the installed packages are not identical.    > Anyone else seeing problems like this or have ideas  > how to find where the problem might be?    http://cygwin.com/problems.html      Gerrit  --   =^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html