Re: rsync fork/exec problem with odd twist for native windows programs

	Brett,

	Thanks for the suggestion.  Switching from socketpair() to
	pipe() does let ssh get going, but rsync later runs into
	problems. A few minutes into the transfer it just hangs.

	Since I exercised ssh by transferring 16MB files back and
	forth for 10 minutes, I'm inclined to point the finger at
	rsync.  However, I use the same version of rsync on another
	system where it runs like a champ. That doesn't leave any
	suspects.

	I'm still puzzled as to why even true.exe hung. I did not
	want to make my problem report even longer, but I had another
	test program which was literally "int main() { exit(0) }",
	just in case true.exe was not as minimal as expected. That
	test program also hung when spawned by rsync.

		Scott