Re: resolv.conf equivalent on Cygwin

On Feb 19 13:23, Hiroki Sakagami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port a program with an asynchronous DNS resolver to
> Cygwin.  Because it can't use gethostbyname() family functions, it

Why?  Lynx, for instance, uses gethostbyname and kin for asynchronous
operation, too.  It just starts an extra thread to run them.

> needs to read /etc/resolv.conf file.  However, Windows seems to have
> the names of DNS servers in the registry key
> "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces" or
> something.  Is there any Cygwin standard way to query DNS server
> names?
>
> I already wrote the code which use RegOpenKeyEx() and other functions.
>  But if there is another appropriate way I'd like to use it.

In Cygwin you have the minires resolver lib, which allows you to call
the resolver functions as if on a POSIX system.  As for the gethostbyname
function, you can create asynchronous requests by calling the functions
in a thread.

Corinna

Red Hat