Re: problem with starting services in 1.5.19

I will try sending the attachment again so it will not be encoded.

"Yadin Y. Goldschmidt" wrote in message dtkg8l$soi$1@sea.gmane.org">news:dtkg8l$soi$1@sea.gmane.org...
I reported this in the past but received no response. Services like cron
and sshd hang up when starting with cygrunsrv in 1.5.29. Upon reboot, most
often one starts
and the other hangs. The problem is best nanifested when from the cygwin
prompt
I type "cygrunsrv -S cron" or "cygrunsrv -S sshd". With 1.5.18 they start
with no problem. with 1.5.19 I get:
"cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1053:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion"
When looking at ps -a the process cygrunsrv is running but not cron or sshd.
Again reverting to 1.5.18 everything works fine. I tried rebase all but it
does not help.
I tried the latest snapshot 20060222 and it does not help either.
Yadin.