[Newbie] Trying to run MSWord from Cygwin

Hello,

This is probably a silly question to most you, but here goes:

I'm opening a ssh connection from a Linux box to our Windows Server 2003 which then initiates a Cygwin terminal. I then try and run a vbs script that opens Word to convert documents from Word to PostScript.

In my vbs script, as soon as it reaches the following line:

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

I receive the following error:

C:\cygwin\home\iss05e\autoprint.vbs(6, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied: 'CreateObject'

The user 'iss05e' has Administrative privileges on the Windows machine.

The script works fine if I log into the machine direct and run it through the command prompt using "cscript autoprint.vbs".

Is there some permissions setting I need to change to allow Cygwin to run GUI applications?

Apologies if this question is a bit general.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Hughes
Analyst / Programmer,
University of Wales, Bangor
Adeilad Deiniol, Deiniol Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2UX
Tel: 01248 383894
Fax: 0870 135 7057