Re: Problems after upgrading to 1.5.19-4

Eric Blake wrote:
Timothy King <tim <at> timothyking.com> writes:

The re-install fixed the path problem, but I still have strange things
going on with the directory colors. Attached is a screen print. Notice some directores are the correct blue on white while others are
black on green.

Not a bug, but a feature improvement that you picked up by upgrading coreutils. Reread http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2006-01/msg00019.html, including the bit about dircolors adding new colors for coloring world-writable directories that don't have the sticky bit set (commonly recognized as a potential security hole).

Okay, now I'm trying to figure out how dircolors works. I've modified /etc/LS_COLORS, then have done things like

dircolors -b /etc/LS_COLORS > MyColors
. ./MyColors

but it doesn't affect the display. The docs on dircolors mention a compiled-in database but do not explain how to update it.

Tim