Re: Problems with the snapshot 20060314

Russell Montgomery wrote:

> If you want to avoid having the dos window flash up on your screen,
> simply change the properties of the shortcut to have it run Minimized.
> You'll still see the dos window task bar button show which then quickly
> disappears. Its no great fix, but it makes it look cleaner.

As I have explained in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00385.html
the problem is not the DOS windows (re-read: I say 'as it must') that
quickly disappears but with that snapshot, released 20060314 19:25, XWin
starts but xterm NOT. Regarding the run packages, startxwin.bat uses it:

startxwin.bat:

SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin
SET RUN=%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin\run -p /usr/X11R6/bin

%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error +bs

%RUN% xterm -sl 2500 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg lightgray -bg black -fn
"-*-lucidatypewriter-medium-r-*-12-*" -e /usr/bin/bash -l