RE: bash and csrss using 100% of the CPU

On 15 March 2006 14:54, Kevin Van Workum wrote:

> On 3/13/06, Kevin Van Workum <kevin.vanworkum+cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just installed the lastest version of cygwin on my W2K box and have
>> noticed that after about 3-4 minutes, bash.exe and csrss.exe are using
>> about 100% of the CPU. This happens if I simply start a cygwin shell
>> and wait for some time. I've only done the default base installation
>> and have not made any changes. One thing that maybe of importance is
>> that I don't have administrator privledges on this machine. Attached
>> is the output of cygcheck -s -r -v. I saw several other people with
>> this problem in the archive, but not solution posted. Any ideas? I'd
>> like to fix it because it significantly bogs down my machine.
>
> Some more information:
>
> If I boot in safe mode, I don't see this problem. Since SpySweeper
> doesn't start in safe mode, maybe SpySweeper is the culprit.

  There can't be a 'maybe' about it really, can there?  If spy sweeper makes
the difference, spy sweeper IS the culprit, pretty much by definition.

>I have no
> idea how to fix this though.

  I take it SpySweeper isn't OSS then?  ;)  Generally the way to fix a bug in
a proprietary application is to report it to the manufacturer.  Or you could
return the faulty product and ask for a refund if you don't feel like waiting
for a fix.

    cheers,
      DaveK