Re: fopen with UTF-8 chars in filenames

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 01:16:07PM -0800, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I don't know if doing what the OP wants is possible on Cygwin ...
>
>I solved my problem by using _wfopen() and converting the path to
>UTF-16 first.  Unless there's a way to work directly with UTF-8, I'll
>stick with that.

Wow.  This keeps circling around the drain but it just won't go down.

Cygwin doesn't provide _wfopen.  So, if you are using _wfopen you
stopped using Cygwin, then, too, possibly using -mno-cygwin.

No need to respond.  I'm just mentioning this for the archives to
possibly eliminate the inevitable

"I am trying to do what this person did <INSERT URL HERE> and I get an
unreferenced error!!!!"

cgf