Re: The binary "[.exe"

Hi Vanessa,

The [ is the test operator.  Normally it is used in conditional
statements ( if [ "$TERM" = "xterm" ]; then ...) but testing can be used
in conjunction with logical testing (&& || - logical and, logical or)
for example: [ "$TERM" = "xterm" ] && echo "you are using xterm"
[ $? -eq 0 ] || exit   # This will exit if the previous exit status was
non-zero

Russell
---
Corpus Christi, Texas where's it's currently 54 and breezy