RE: gcc 3.2.3

On 24 March 2006 19:39, Heather Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install cygwin and gcc via the setup.exe found on the cygwin
> site:  http://www.cygwin.com  I assume setup is installing the latest
> cygwin release 1.5.19-4
> I have software, Geant4 8.0.p01, that requests gcc 3.2.3 for building.  The
> earliest version available via the cygwin installer is gcc 3.3.3.  Is there
> a way to install 3.2.3?  Or should I hope that 3.3.3. isn't too terribly
> different from 3.2.3 and take a chance?

  It's certainly worth trying, although nobody can make any promises.  It's
conceivable geant requires an exact version of gcc, but most software that
says it needs a particular version just means "or any more recent one too,
because that was when the bug that broke the compile of this particular app
got fixed".

    cheers,
      DaveK