To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:37 PM
Subject: problem accessing *unsecured* network share through passwordless ssh

Hi,

I have a problem accessing unsecured network shares when logging in using passwordless (public key) authentication with ssh.

On my laptop, I have a shared folder that has full security permissions to "Everyone", and is shared with full share permissions to "Everyone".

This share is mapped as a network drive on my desktop. However, when I ssh from my laptop to my desktop, "net use" shows the drive as "Unavailable".

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I was under the impressesion that if I gave full permissions on the share, this would work.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.