Using CTRL-C

I do not know if the following is the correct behaviour.

I observe this:

     click on Cygwin.bat (i.e. the bash shell in DOS window)

     $ startx &          (i.e. starting XWin and xterm)

Now if I start something in xterm, e.g. 'tar -xzvf foo.tar.gz', and in
bash shell (Cygwin.bat) some other thing, then pressing CTRL-C in bash
shell (Cygwin.bat) stops not only its process but also that in xterm.

I do not remember to have oberved this before, but it could be that I have
not take care of it before.

The system is W2K SP4 with all Cygwin pkgs installed of which the test
pkgs are:

snapshot 20060418 12:31:05 (uname)

Test packages:
coreutils-5.94-5