Re: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:37:46PM -0400, Ernie Coskrey wrote:
> [...]

Btw, to the OP: *please* don't quote raw email addresses, especially
when it's the cygwin or cygwin-owner email address.  Adding this is just
noise and helps increase the already incredible spam burden presented to
the cygwin and (especially) postmaster mailing lists.

>> Of Jerry D. Hedden
>> Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:27 AM
>> To: cygwin
   ^^^^^^^^^^
>> Subject: RE: Call for testing Cygwin snapshot
>>

>>As I said, these sort of problems started after the 2006-03-09
>>snapshot.  I double checked, and the problem does occur with the
>>2006-03-13 snapshot.
>
>I wonder if this might be related to the following:
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-02/msg01062.html
>
>The fix suggested in the original message -
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2003-q2/msg00004.html - might
>help.

You've pointed to my message which indicates that I've fixed this in
another way.  And, the OP indicates that this hang was introduced in a
specific snapshot so I don't see why this would be an issue in that
snapshot.

Nevertheless, the patch in the message that you are referring to is
still a band-aid and still will not be applied.

cgf