RE: Geomview & Cygwin setup

At Friday 2006-04-28 15:17 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> If you want people to use the information you provide rationally, do
> not colour that information with irrational attempts at humour to
> provide misinformation that causes doubt.
>
> We need to trust the output of gcc -v.

  No, this is completely wrong and absolutely not what you want to do.  The
output of "gcc -v" is a human-readable summary of various internal information
which can be obtained by more reliable means for programmatic use.

So you admit that gcc -v's output is deliberately unreliable and will lie to the human reader, then.

L.