Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

<snip>
This is really a tricky problem.  What I could do to circumvent this at
least for connections over ssh is to upload an OpenSSH test version
which uses socketpairs instead of pipes for the local connection to the
applications.  This avoids using pipes which are the culprit here,
<snip>

This thread's subject line is a reply to my original posting in
December of last year:

Rereading that posting, I was able to get rsync over ssh to work
reliably by changing rsync to use a pipe vs. a socketpair.  This
solution uses socketpairs instead of pipes.

I'm wondering if there are two pipes/socketpairs?  My read is that
each of the two solutions, essentially matches one to the other.  That
is changing OpenSSH to use socketpairs, matches to rsync's use of
socketpairs and visa versa.

Brett