RE: Rsync invalid?!?

OUPS !  I sent this to you directly, sorry Dave !

I appologize Dave, I should have given more details but was unsure what
to say...

After your suggestion, I looked at the script and found this:

// check binaries
if (!is_executable($s_rsync)) {
    writeln("WARNING: The rsync program: '$s_rsync' is not valid.");
    exit;
}

So it's looking to see if the rsync is executable...
It also looks at CP and RM and will fail there aswell...

Now what?

This script is RIBS no longuer supported by the creator but works LIKE A
CHARM on a *nix box But I no longuer have that box (was at work and
left). So I only have my PC at home that runs
XP SP2.

Any suggestion as to how to make the rsync, cp and rm executable? Or are
they talking about the
Permissions on the files?  Im confused...

Regards,

npereira

Subject: RE: Rsync invalid?!?

On 18 May 2006 18:15, Nelson Pereira wrote:

> Ok, that explains it,
>
> But still does not explain why im getting :
>
> WARNING: The rsync program: '/bin/rsync' is not valid.

  You really do need to improve the level of detail of your bug reports.
Saying "I'm trying to get rsync to work" doesn't tell us anything about
what you're doing.

  In particular, by omitting every single detail, you have obfuscated
the fact that you aren't actually getting this message from rsync at
all, but from a wrapper script you are using that is not part of the
standard rsync distro.

  It would have been more helpful to have mentioned that fact in the
first place and would have resulted in you getting help with your
problem more quickly!

  Anyway, the problem is that one of the "if (!is_executable($s_rsync))"
tests is failing.  You need to establish why.  Perhaps you've used a
win32 version of PHP that doesn't know how to follow cygwin
links/mountpoints?

    cheers,
      DaveK