RE: Suggestion: add "setup.exe" version number to Cygwin home page

Daniel Friedman wrote:
> It would be nice to learn the latest version of the Cygwin setup
> program "setup.exe" without having to download and install it.
>
> Hence I respectfully suggest adding a statement of form "Latest
> Cygwin setup.exe version is 2.510.2.2" to http://www.cygwin.com, e.g.
> right below the also-helpful "Latest Cygwin DLL release version
> is 1.5.19-4" statement.
>
> Thanks,
> --daniel

It's my experience that this is not really necessary.  setup.ini
contains timestamp and version information.  When setup.exe has been
updated, the version on the local system informs the user that a newer
version of setup.exe is available.  (I would guess that if one is
updating using the automated, command line options one will not be so
informed.  Of course, that may not be a problem since many of the
improvements are in the UI.)

- Barry