Re: random "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:22:34AM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Robin Walker wrote:
--On 22 June 2006 06:35 -0700 Mark Bartel wrote:

However, yet another person who has encountered this problem emailed me
with a workaround, which seems to resolve the issue in my case.  He had
encountered the problem himself, and he found

http://aslongas.pe.kr/tt/

which says to turn off the "Logitech Process Monitor" service, installed
with Logitech webcam software.
Possibly confirmed!

As soon as I stop LvPrcSrv, the problems that I was having with sshd are cured. When I restart LvPrcSrv, the problems with sshd return.
No confirmation of this issue is necessary. It's a Logitech issue.

So, when will sshd be fixed? It seems to me that if cygwin wants to be taken seriously it should try to work nicely with other software!!!

There's a special stealth project to integrate Logitech camera with
ssh, so perps that try to break ssh can be photographed.  These photos
will be posted on the <ssh.perps.com> web site for all to see.  Once
this project is done, everything should "just work".  Of course, it's
very hush-hush, so don't tell anyone or they'll close it down and cart
it away in the middle of the night...  This is a secure list, right?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746